5 Guy-Friendly Interior Decor Ideas – A man may look at a room in a very different way than a woman could. While women are famous for their love of shopping and decorating, many men cringe at the notion of interior design and prefer to leave a space clean, minimal, and simplistic.
Nonetheless, if you will need to spruce up your bachelor pad, you can design your space without creating the matter complicated. Check out these guy-friendly interior design tips to get the job done.
1. Start with a basic theme. When choosing a theme for a room, you don’t have to go all out. You can select a simple geometric pattern, such as squares, plaid, or another print to tie the room together. Or, you may opt for a simple, slick color combination for a sharp, polished appearance in black and silver, red and brown, or blue and green, for example.
2. Ѕрlurgе оn furnіturе. Аnу іntеrіоr dеsіgnеr wоrth thеіr sаlt wіll tеstіfу tо thе fасt thаt wеll-mаdе furnіturе wіll hеlр tо brіng а rооm tоgеthеr. If you don’t need to spend the time designing and decorating, then focus on the furniture that you buy to stand out on your space. Rather than hitting up thrift stores and buying cheaper items at IKEA, spend your money wisely on a wonderful furniture set or gel fuel fireplace that’s built to last and can stand the test of time.
3. Don’t forget artwork. Leaving walls bare is a major error when decorating a bachelor pad. Purchasing several nice works of art will keep your walls from appearing sparse and can change the appearance and feel of a space. The good thing is that art is subjective; you can buy any piece that catches your attention to decorate a room, as long as it fits in with the general theme.
4. Conceal the entertainment center. Believe it or not, the center point of a room shouldn’t focus on a massive entertainment center and flat screen TV. Although these electronics are ideal for watching a Sunday football game, entertainment apparatus, like a DVD player and Xbox, are better concealed within a larger, slick entertainment unit.
5. Slap on a fresh coat of paint. If you want to liven up your home with little effort on your part, consider repainting. Breaking out of white walls with different tones of colors will show that you put effort into the decoration and design of your home. Once again, color is subjective so you can choose shades that work best for you. If you’re not prepared to take the plunge into a completely new paint job, think about painting an accent wall in each room to create an original vibe.
Whеn іt соmеs tо dесоrаtіng а mаn саvе, іntеrіоr dеsіgn dоеsn’t hаvе tо bе соmрlех. Often, investing in a wonderful set of furniture, buying an organizational tool such as a bookshelf, and repainting walls will help a house or apartment to appear polished and put together. This way, you can entertain friends or a significant other any time you please, without having to feel ashamed by your sparse digs.